Doctors Without Borders (MSF) has expressed concern about the heavy bombing in southern Gaza, warning that vital medical services have collapsed at Nasser Hospital, the largest functioning healthcare facility in the enclave.
MSF said in a statement on Friday that it deplores a situation in which "people have been left with no options," Anadolu Agency reported
"The hospital’s surgical capacity is now almost non-existent, and the handful of medical staff remaining in the hospital must contend with very low supplies that are insufficient to handle mass casualty events – large influxes of wounded people," said the international medical care organization.
"Between 300 and 350 patients remain at Nasser Hospital, unable to evacuate because it is too dangerous and there are no ambulances," it said.
Guillemette Thomas, MSF's medical coordinator in Palestine, said that Nasser and the European Gaza Hospital are almost inaccessible and there is no longer a health care system in Gaza.
"These systematic attacks against health care are unacceptable and must end now so that the wounded can get the care they need. The entire health system has been rendered inoperative," she said.
The Israeli regime waged the war on Gaza on October 7, after the Palestinian Resistance carried out a surprise operation into the occupied territories in retaliation for the regime’s ceaseless atrocities against the Palestinian people.
So far, more than 26,083 people, mostly women and children, have been killed in the Zionist regime’s bloody war on Gaza and many more have been injured.